Unions help their members get ahead in their working lives. Every year, unions help thousands of workers get the skills they need to get further in their career. They work with industry leaders to deliver training that is backed by research and targeted to industry needs. Unions also provide opportunities to network with other workers and employers in your industry.
Depending on your industry and union, a union membership can help advance your career through:
- Free or discounted training
- Opportunities for industry networking at union events and conferences
- Access to mentoring schemes and career advice
- Support with professional registration requirements
- Participating in industry research and focus groups
- Subscriptions to industry journals and other publications
- Applying for scholarships, awards and prizes
Unions provide workers with more chances for training and promotion. Join your union today.
Funding for this factsheet was provided by:
- the Victorian Government as part of the uTech project; and
- the Fair Work Ombudsman.
Please note that the information given here is general information only and is not legal advice. For further assistance, it is recommended you speak to your union.